Each day, I am told, teaches you something. Things I recently picked up……..
1) Talk. Make an issue out of each small thing that happens. No matter that all your life being an older child of a single parent, your reaction is to shut up and deal with issues yourself. So go against your basic instinct and be a loud-mouth.
2) People, you never expect to, surprise by asking the most simple but kind question “how are you doing?” rather than “what happened?”
3) When people say “tell me what you think?” or “speak up“, don’t take them literally. Not many people want to hear what you really think.
4) Neither do they say what they really mean. Mulder and Scully probably had it right – trust no one. (except other than those few friends, ‘coz really everyone knows that booze bonding cures all evil)
5) Of course, it is an excellent idea to get a crash course on the games that people play if you want to survive. (no matter what they tell you, they are all playing some as soon as you turn your back)
6) Don’t even bother trying to understand the inner workings of minds of men. (Enough said.)
7) Look for the funny side in everything and everyone around you. Instead of rolling your eyes at the strange-ness
of people, take solace in humour. Its much easier to just laugh than trying to understand (the secret no one lets out is that there is no logic to these people!)
Each day brings a new insight for each of us. Feel free to add to the list.